PMBA can help your company with any sales & use tax consulting needs. Our team of professionals consists of top industry thought leaders with a broad range of experience bringing value to startups, SMBs, and Fortune 500 companies alike.
Some of our services include:
A nexus study is a comprehensive analysis of a company’s obligations for sales taxes in the United States.
Several factors blur the lines of state sales tax nexus. For example:
- After the Wayfair ruling, an increased number of states expanded their definition of nexus.
- In another instance, the Federal government continues to increase efforts to pass various forms of the Marketplace Fairness Act; legislation that would require many remote sellers to collect sales tax.
- The expansion of the service industry also makes it difficult to determine whether certain business activities will create nexus.
Our professionals serve to mitigate these complex issues, and are prepared to help you find the right solutions.
- Learn how to conduct an economic nexus study
- [Video] Physical and Economic Nexus Under Wayfair
- [Video] Wayfair and Marketplace Nexus
Tax Matrix and Determinations
50 states, 50 different sets of sales tax laws. While some consistencies exist, not all states tax the same transaction in a similar manner.
Our advisors can serve to help various companies complete tax matrices for their unique service lines.
As a corporate finance or tax department, you aim to keep overhead costs low and productivity high. With the proper implementation and utilization of sales tax technology, you will be right on track!
Our team is experienced in helping companies evaluate and implement some of the most popular sales tax technology in the market. Whether you are reviewing your current systems or looking to implement a sales tax exemption certificate management application, we can help you sort through the options and find the right solution for your company.
Voluntary Disclosure Agreement
A Voluntary Disclosure Agreement (“VDA”) is an arrangement with the government to abate or lessen penalties and reduce the look-back period for any type of tax that you might owe. In general, these agreements can only be completed if a taxpayer has not been contacted for an audit. However, there are arrangements that can be made even if you are currently complying with tax laws.
If your company is in a situation where back taxes are owed, a VDA is a great option.